486th's plans for Dayton, June 22nd thru June 26th

Post here with events and gatherings related to the 352nd Fighter Group.

486th's plans for Dayton, June 22nd thru June 26th

Postby Kraken » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:14 pm

Below is a copy of an e-mail I received from Charlie Price about the 352nd FG, 486th FS mini-reuniun in June this year. I thought I should share the word with everyone in the forums in case anyone else is interested.---To all concerned: Several of you have inquired about the 486th's plans for Dayton in June. Here is a copy of my last letter. I hope it answers all your questions. If not, please feel free to contact me directly. If you decide to join us, and I hope you do, please advise me immediately upon making your reservation. I need to know so as not to run out of rooms in our block at the hotel. Best Wishes, Charlie Charles M. Price702 Fox Lake DriveLakeland, Florida 33809863-859-5777E-mail: Caseace@aol.com Fellow 486th Fighter Squadron Pilots and Friends, This is just a reminder because, as you know by now, we have decided to gather in Dayton, Ohio, June 22nd thru June 26th, five nights. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Dayton/Fairborn I-675 Conference Center at 2800 Presidential Drive, Fairborn, Ohio 45324. I have blocked out ten (10) rooms until May 22nd. The rate is $89.00 per night. Hopefully we will have some of the young folks from the Savannah "Gathering" joining us. To reserve, please call the hotel Reservations Department at: (937) 426-7800 And mention the: 486th Fighter Squadron. If you have any problem making your reservation, you should speak directly with Ms. Kris Davis, Sales Manager. Phone: (937) 431-4603 I suggest that you will, as usual, make your own reservations directly with the hotel. If you plan to go early or stay later, the rate noted above is for the time frame in paragraph one, but may be available to you before and/or after. We will visit the museum at WPAFB as well as other attractions which are available. Any suggestions any of you have will be welcomed. I do not know Dayton. In 1986 we dedicated our "Tree Memorial" and I am eager to see how much it has grown in nineteen years. I hope all of you will be able to join us in Dayton, and also attend the larger Group "Gathering" in Wichita, Sept. 22, 2005 Sincerely, Charlie ---I've already expressed my interest in spending at the very least a day with the group between my summer classes, and it would be great to meet some of the other virtuals along with the genuine members!I also have several suggestions in regards to local restaurants and places of interest (e.g. Wright Brothers sites) that I will be e-mailing in the next few days with my reply to Charlie.Anyone else interested?
T-6 Texan

Return to News & Current Events