Princess Elizabeth model finished

The place to come to discuss how to properly build and paint a 352nd Fighter Group model.

Moderators: Preddy51, embee

Princess Elizabeth model finished

Postby embee » Sat May 13, 2006 3:31 am

:D Hi All, just finished the new model of Princess Elizabeth, photos at link below have a look please see what you all think, its made up from home made decals and kit decals, you will see some of the decals have broken up these are the kits not the home made ones funny .... the nose art word Princess is the original kits it did'nt look to good at the start so i made some back up decals the word elizabeth was Black so i changed that to red and yellow in photoshop and the P came apart the decals must have been old the kills are also home made, ive since came across a new paper that is much better and easier to use, next up is Umbriago......

Martin :D

embee
T-6 Texan

Postby Kraken » Sun May 14, 2006 7:42 pm

Looking good!

Ironically, I was never that good at painting the plastic models I built. :? :)

Which kit was that?
[b]Kraken[/b]
Kraken
T-6 Texan

Postby embee » Sun May 14, 2006 11:34 pm

:D Cheers Kraken, i do normaly add a little bit of combat wear to the models but she came out well so i thought i would leave her looking clean, this time, the kits i always use are Tamyia at 1/48 scale, they have the best mould for details but the most important thing is it goes together well without to much sanding and filler. only a little was needed for the top fusalarge.

but some times.......
you never get to see the bottoms this is becouse the joins are not as good and need sanding and filing, with some care, you may have to re cut some panel lines after filing too.....i know models do this but i hav'nt found the need to yet.

if we were working in OD olive drab and Grey it would all be a bit easier than NMF, all the mistakes still show under the silver.

cheers Kraken

Martin :D
embee
T-6 Texan

Postby Chooch » Mon May 15, 2006 3:18 pm

job well done
i have lots of models to do
dedicating 1 night a week and my 10 yr old
going to start with a jeep
chooch
Chooch
P-51A Mustang