Princess elizabeth decals

The place to come to discuss how to properly build and paint a 352nd Fighter Group model.

Moderators: Preddy51, embee

Princess elizabeth decals

Postby embee » Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:55 am

Hi if anybody wants to try my home made decals of Princess Elizabeth just give me a shout, and i'll email the file to you, i'll see if i can upload a photo later

Martin :D
embee
T-6 Texan

uploaded photo of decals

Postby embee » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:18 pm

:D hey todd i cant upload anymore to the 352fg site, do you know why........anyroad heres the decals,

there are three versions you can do....

1,may 44 full codes

2,june 5th 44 dday markings and half codes

3,and full dday markings and full codes just like the B at duxford.
note originaly she didnt get this far in her markings, as you all know she was Lost on 6th June 44 whilst staffing with Lt Robert K Butler bailing out and Evading capture.

cheers all Martin :wink:

embee
T-6 Texan

Postby Todzilla » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:28 pm

MB,
Your password has been reset. But you need to send me an email and I'll reply with your new password.

So how do you make these decals? Are there special decal papers that you can buy to print on?

I got a good deal on a second 1:18 Cripes a' Mighty & I'm looking to repaint it with a different paint scheme. Do you know where you can pick up some 1:18 decals for the 352nd?
Todzilla
P-51B/C Mustang

decals

Postby embee » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:21 am

Item number: 7609186008 ebay clear and white decal paper cheeps as chips :D

cheers Todd i will email you for the password

decals

main pionts

after you have got your artwork ready to print and have done a test to see if it all works get your decal paper and set printer options to high and slow speed photo glossy paper,this will give you a good image on the paper, after the ink has dryed you need to aply a few thin coats of varnish using a spray can laquor or airbrush clear coat but not a brush to the decal paper. after you have done this you can use the decals as normal, you need to be a bit more careful with them, the main thing to do is to cut as close to the decals as possible cos the varnish layers you've done will be a bit more visible than a normal decal, watch that you dont cut so close to the decals the ink will run............

i havnt tested the set and sol decal solution on these yet so i dont know if that will work.

hannants sell the decal paper for nearly 3 times what you can get the same paper for on ebay..........

cheers todd hope this helps
martin
embee
T-6 Texan

Return to Modeling