MY first skin!!

Display screenshots or skins here from Targetware, Warbirds, AH, EAW, IL-2 and FSX.

MY first skin!!

Postby CLASH » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:25 am

I finally figured this out somewhat!!..BBgun will have to help me with the rest of it though!! LOL...I was able to take the picture of my Dad..and use that for the pilot skin!!..and since he is from Alton Iowa..called it "Iowa Boys Dream"..since he didn't fly 51's in the War. He told me how he had painted his head set red on one side during training..because the set he had crackled really loud on one side..and it didn't bother him on the left ear..so I painted his headset red on one side :-)I also was able to put the smoke trails on the guns..after getting them backwards 6 times or so!!! hope ya like it!! and it inspires you too jump in on one yourself!!ImageImage
"The only time you should be smoking..is when you're on fire"
CLASH
BT-13

Postby faint » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:11 am

Here's a Il-2 pilot skin I made of yours truly.ImageClash I've got an Il-2 P-51D template I worked on awhile back, I'll shoot it your way. :)
faint
Piper Cub

Postby faint » Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:16 am

Here's a few... still looking for the bare aluminum template.http://www.jfleischmann.com/352FG/352nd ... 20Girl.bmp
faint
Piper Cub

Postby BB Gun » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:49 am

First - glad you're getting started clash. I guess I'll have to think about getting IL2/IL2FB/IL2PF pretty soon. And I'm no skin/art expert - just someone who was interested, gathered info, and took a whack at it. Just like you.Faint,Hmmm - not sure I like the pre-painted highlights on the skin - its pretty old-tech and Combatsim2-ish. Doesn't IL2 provide reflectivity and lighting effects on their skins?BB
BB Gun
P-51A Mustang

Postby faint » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:45 pm

As you can tell by Clash's screenshots.. not really. In high/perfect mode there is some reflection modeled but not enough to look realistic if you've just got a grey skin.I think the guys at GAVCA have the best 'stang skins for Il-2, incredible detail..http://www.gavca.com/modules.php?name=D ... oad&cid=31
faint
Piper Cub

Postby BB Gun » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:39 pm

Dang, that's too bad.The changing highlights over my wing as I change my view angle wrt the sun is one of the better features of the WB engine.BB
BB Gun
P-51A Mustang

Postby sd » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:11 am

The panel detailing is very good Jazz but i've seen better base aluminum templtes than that Jambock one...even Leadspitters base template provides reflectivity.
sd
BT-13

BB gun

Postby CLASH » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:35 pm

il-2FB does have reflective modes in online flight & off line..I just didn't know how too capture it in the original shot..will get another
"The only time you should be smoking..is when you're on fire"
CLASH
BT-13

Return to Virtual Gallery